Declan Rice will not sign a new contract with West Ham and has asked to be informed if any bids are made for him, according to reports in England.
The 22-year-old is said to be unhappy that the Hammers have not strengthened the squad this summer, despite being promised that reinforcements would be brought in.
Most supporters on Twitter feel this latest development should encourage Chelsea to make a formal approach, although not everyone feels Rice would be worth the money:
— Zack Fortag (@Zack_fortag) July 22, 2021
I see no talent there. Just a water carrier. No good for Chelsea
— SNOWFALL (@BonEye01) July 22, 2021
GET IT DONE @ChelseaFC
— Wasiq (@WaCFC_) July 22, 2021
Just submit the transfer request Dec lad
— Sairam⭐️⭐️ (@ftblsairam) July 22, 2021
Bring him home
— Tony (@CFC_Chuks) July 22, 2021
If we could get him for 40/30 million I will take it otherwise never
— Theodor Munck (@Theodor84716938) July 22, 2021
In addition to Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City are all said to be interested in Rice but no offers have been made for the player so far.
West Ham feel they are in a strong position, with the midfielder’s contract having four years left to run, so if Chelsea do want to snap him up, they will have to pay a sizeable fee.
There have been claims that Rice could be available for £60m to £80m but the official line currently is that the Irons won’t accept a fee below £100m.