ChelseaNews.com

The original unofficial Chelsea news blog.

Hazard going nowhere insists Belgian football expert

Eden Hazard won’t be leaving Chelsea in the next few days insists Belgian football expert Kristof Terreur.

The Blues forward has been heavily rumoured to be on his way out of Stamford Bridge this summer following comments he needed “something different” after six seasons with the Blues.

Real Madrid – who Hazard himself said were his “preferred destination” – are heavy favourites to land the 27-year-old, with Los Blancos seeing him as a direct replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, who left for Juventus earlier this summer.

However with the transfer deadline closing on Thursday afternoon, Terreur believes time has run out for Hazard to complete his dream move to the Bernabeu.

He wrote on Twitter: “Eden Hazard is back in London and will return to training today.

“No dream move for him. Chelsea are still reluctant to sell him (to Real Madrid) and have never ever been open for negotiations or talks. And time has ran out.”

He added: “Braced for 3 days of Eden Hazard and Real Madrid links, but Chelsea have been reluctant to sell him since the first phone call from Madrid to London.

“Chelsea blocked everything off and when a player is too kind to force a move.”

Chelsea were without Hazard for yesterday’s 2-0 defeat to Manchester City in the Community Shield, and the Belgian star has since requested an extra day-off before returning to training with his team-mates following a long summer in which his country came third at the World Cup in Russia.

Blues boss Maurizio Sarri however says he is not concerned with Hazard’s request, saying there is no problem between himself and the forward.

“We talked only about ‘can I arrive on Monday instead of Sunday?’ In this moment there is no problem for Hazard.”

 

 

Comments are closed on this article.